Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Newest Heartbreak

10 bunnies are dead. The woodshed that they burrowed under collapsed upon it's supports and crushed them. We moved out all the wood and pulled up the pallets and found them. We are heartbroken. Those rabbits are one of the few things that can make me laugh anymore and I worry so much about them. I hate that we were unprepared for this tragedy.

My rabbits.

I had 21 or more, plus the spoiled furball that lives with us, and today we counted 7. We aren't sure where the rest are. I hope they come home soon.

In the photo from a few months ago, the smokehouse is on the left, where we smoke our fish in the summer and the woodshed is on the right. The section in the back is the one that collapsed. In the center back you can see the feeder that Tom built for them, to get their food up off the ground and protect them from predators while they are eating.

No comments: