Monday, March 23, 2009

Holier than thou - not a nice attitude

Here's what a quilt designer and book author had to say about my quilting video blog:
"Since the blog owner does say whose video it is, it's okay, but there is no "About Us" page to say whose blog it is. It also contains links with logos on the sidebar, and I'm wondering it these companies know their logos are being used in this way. Not really great blogging form. M***** P*****"
She was answering a netiquette question about posting a video without stating that it was "used with permission".

She's got some nerve criticizing my blog when she joins Yahoo groups just to promote her book - something I've seen her do. Second, there are only two pages on the blog - the first page with the videos and a second page with some tips, which has my name, email address and photo! Third, the logos are direct links to the blogs or websites that the logos came from - something she could easily have seen if she'd just looked!

I am sure she's shocked that other quilting companies would allow their logos on my blog (out of friendship and kindness) because she doesn't understand the concept of sharing and caring.

Most designers are nice - she's a total jerk.

No comments: