Friday, December 5, 2008

Things that make me laugh

I love learning, and I seek it out in odd places. Books, classes, other people (pretty normal); internet and wikipedia (getting to be normal) and The Straight Dope. More specifically, The Straight Dope Message Boards (SDMB to those in the know). On these boards I find wisdom and facts from intellectual leaders and spam from snot nosed idiots. You gotta take the bad with the good when you're paying nothing... And there's a lot more intelligence than stupidity because the members come down on jerks (not people asking an honest question; jerks trying to be jerkish) like a ton of tarantulas.

And then there's the Pit. Ya takes ya chances when you post there, but by God, I get my best laughs there. Like this guy, kinda peeved about something, but not red-faced and squelching, as he explains in his own words "...It's not necessarily that irksome; but let's not put lipstick on a pig and call it a VP candidate, it is stupid."

I just about spit out my juice! Hehehehe. I'll be using that line as much as I can in the future :)

No comments: