Friday, January 25, 2008

Borders on Quilts

I hate borders! Borders are for holding people (and quilts) back! Let your quilt be free! Repeat after me..."we don't need no stinking borders!"

How 'normal' are borders? White bread. Wonder Bread. Go Rye - put a strip of fabric on 1 side and call it a border! Let the other three sides be free!

Liberate your quilt from this mindless expansion. "Oh" you say, "I only have enough blocks for a twin and I want to have a double sized quilt". Well - do you know anyone that big?

If the quilt is big enough to cover most of a person, it's perfect! Put a binding on it and give it to them and move on to a project that doesn't have borders.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This is a genius idea- now you can stop sending your quilts to me for borders!

Marguerita McManus said...

Fat Chance. That's why you *get* them! Besides, you do such a very nice job :)

Laura said...

Whew! I am so glad to read your opinion on "to border or not to border". The second quilt I ever made is also my first UFO because I screwed up on the sawtooth border. So 3 sides are done minus the cornerstones. Long story. Now I feel like there is some hope for this quilt after all. Check it out. http://unfinishedofferings.blogspot.com/